The big day.

This morning we made some final adjustments to the wire ropes and cabling before checking all cables and tightening the remaining cable ties.

When all was in place, we connected everything together and calibrated our software, running our first test flight.

After a bit more calibration work and software tuning, we were ready for our first flight using the front simulator (G-DDYR-1):

SUCCESS!!!! We had an 18 minutes first flight, exercising all controls successfully. From winch launch to soaring to a safe landing, all worked well.

Once the red PLA we ordered finally arrives, we’ll be printing the display panels for the rear simulator.