We had a good working session on the airframe today. We looked at the controls to decide how we would transfer the movements to the back of the glider where we want to locate the bulk of the electronics. We also tried to agree how we would route cables in the glider. These are important as the decisions we took impact on the components we will need and therefore on our budget.
We also spent some time trying to replicate the profile of the glider sides onto cardboard to create a template for the support frame we need to construct. This took a lot longer than we had envisaged. It turns out that this isn’t as simple as we thought!
Once we had finished working outside, we looked at some of the electronics components we could use and at some of the software libraries available. We identified options that we wanted to pursue and that should feature in the prototyping kits we want to put together to enable us to write the firmware and test the core elements of our simulator.