Another day working on the simulator firmware. We added the logic for the momentary and toggle switches. This made us review and change the purpose we had originally intended for the switches. We realised that we needed to rethink the shortcuts needed while flying with a virtual reality headset.
We replaced the DS1307RTC library in our code with the RTClib library which saved us a few 100 bytes of flash memory and committed our code to the Github repository.
We also created the code for the lighting controller and committed it to its own Github repository
We connected the VR headset to the laptops and installed Condor V2. After a little bit of configuration work, we were able to fly virtually. What an experience! It took us a while to work out how to control the glider using the keyboard (and later with a mouse). We possibly died a few times after losing wings in flight but it’s ok since it’s quite hard to fly a glider you cannot control!