08-10 May 2020

We started installing the green trim cables and the cable supports we designed. The cables were easier to work with than the yellow rudder cable, which was a welcome relief.

We had initially planned on using a custom made steel plate pivoting along an axis at the back of the simulator. Unfortunately, the lockdown was imposed as we were discussing the specification with a company who had volunteered to help us. Rather than wait for the lifting of the lockdown, we decided to create temporary plates from PLA using a high fill percentage.

We created a wooden support for the front simulator control panel

and we created the wooden support for the rear simulator control panel.

We cleaned remains of the tubes we cut when we separated the tail of the glider.

We installed new, blue, purpose-made guides in the swivel clips for the front air brake tube to allow the tube to move more freely and effortlessly. Our previous attempt at creating a connecting piece didn’t quite work out when it broke inside the tubes. We re-printed the connecting piece in PLA using a 100% fill rate. We tried very hard to break it but failed, so this seems to have solved our problem.

We also fitted a spring to the rear air brakes lever to force the air brakes closed by default.

We installed the connecting piece between the old and new front air brake tubes. Together with the guides in the swivel clips, this made the front air brake slide correctly and smoothly along the desired path.

We created the wooden back panel that will host the control panels for the lighting and both simulators.

We soldered wires on all the buttons, switches, potentiometers and LCD screens for the control panels (front and rear), ready to fit them to the panels.



08-10 May 2020