The Scout Law
The Scout Law is a core part of the life of our unit and of our lives as Explorer Scouts or Leaders. It is non-negotiable.
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the world-wide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Promise
There are alternative forms of the Scout Promise (see the Scout Association website for details). It is up to the Explorer (in consultation with his or her parents / guardians / carers) to decide which form of the promise he/she wants to use. Just let the leaders know before you are invested.
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law